Google Chrome is a free web browser developed by Google, the company-creator of the same name search engine. It uses components of other open source software (including WebKit and Mozilla) and provides greater stability, speed and security than other browsers.
Google Chrome 2012 Key Features:
- One bar for everything. Use the address bar of Google Chrome for both navigating the web and performing a search.
- Thumbnails of your favorite sites. Every time you open a new tab, you see links to the most visited sites, most used search engines and sites, recently added to bookmarks.
- Ensuring privacy. Browsing history is not saved in Incognito Mode.
- Dynamic tabs. You can drag tabs out of the browser window, thus creating a new one.
- Crash control. Every tab, opened in a browser is independent of others, so one application’s failure doesn’t affect the work of others.
- Safe navigation. Google Chrome warns you about potentially unsafe pages.
- Instant bookmarks.
- Import of settings. You can import your bookmarks and passwords from any other browser during the installation of Google Chrome.
- Download of files. Google Chrome doesn’t have Download Manager – download status is displayed at the bottom of the window.
- You can download this browser for free.